There’s a lot to love about September! Football, cooler nights, fall beverages, and Jensen’s Back to School Special: 15 percent off whole house carpet cleaning, or 10 percent off main living spaces, plus 33 percent off Carpet Protection. Check out the September edition of Jensen’s Healthy Home News for nine reasons to love September, the featured local event (Howard Community Fireworks Show), amazing websites to visit and more. As always, the downloadable issue of Jensen’s Healthy Home News includes the Mega Trivia Question. This month the first six people who call with the correct answer will win a $15 gift certificate to Pizza Ranch. Here are some newsletter highlights:
- Football fans are fanatics for September! Put on your favorite team jersey and hit the tailgate party because it is finally time to head back to the stadiums.
- Songs about September ~ Probably the catchiest tune enjoyed each year at this time is the jam called “September” by Earth, Wind, & Fire. Check out the official HD video remastered and online at EarthWindandFire.lnk.to/listenYD. And…when the 21st day of September is over, you can tune into Green Day’s “Wake Me Up When September Ends.”
- Layers in September are effective and esthetically pleasing. Skirts over leggings, flannels over shirts, hoodies, vests, bomber jackets, beanies, scarfs, shawls, and more – as the temperature turns this is the month to layer it on!
- New beginnings ~ Whether you’re going back to school, or back to the office, September is a good time to head back to your Vision Board and renew your resolutions and goals for 2022 before the last few months are up.
- Fall beverages ~ It’s officially time to order a Pumpkin Spice Latte again! Even if you’re not a coffee drinker, September means you can start to enjoy all your favorite fall flavors: cinnamon, apple, butter, caramel, maple… yummmm!
- Labor Day ~ No crazy shopping frenzies or feast preparations clog this celebration. Labor Day is hassle-free fun; a day off to do whatever you please.
- Back to school shopping ~ Pencils, paper, markers, glue… nothing says I LOVE YOU more than their favorite colored pencil case or composition notebook. No matter what grade they’re in, this year’s new backpack is a treasure they’ll cherish (at least until next year).
- Time for travel ~ September is often considered the best month of the year to travel. The crowds have slowed, the locals have returned to their daily lives giving destinations their authenticity. The weather is in a moderate season in both hemispheres, and travel is more affordable as hotel and airfares rates drop from summertime vacations and before the holiday season.
Discover how you can save money with this simple formula…
Have you noticed people seem to get busier and busier from now until about January 2? This “busy season” seems to kick off with the “back to school rush” and end with the “holiday rush.”
Now maybe you are sending off little ones to kindergarten for the first time. Or, maybe you are sending your young adult off to college. Perhaps it’s just another year in the long line of your kids’ education. Or, maybe you don’t have any kids right now and you’re just breathing easy and enjoying the change of seasons. Whatever your circumstances are right now we bet you want to save money. So we have something for you…
And please remember one more simple carpet cleaning lesson: traffic lanes and soiling can become permanent. Without getting too technical and “boring,” (after all it’s not rocket science) dry soils can “scratch” the carpet fibers and make them appear dingy forever. Much like you can scratch glass with sand and it appears cloudy. Also, the soils can break down and fray the individual fibers. Of course, we will work our carpet cleaning “magic” on the areas and do our best to brighten them. But your carpet stands a much better chance of lasting if you remember to clean before your carpet looks dirty. Then you know those carpet fibers are staying supple and clean and not being broken down into darkened (sometimes irreversible) traffic lanes. Now those lessons will save you big money in the long run, but how about saving some money right now?
Check out Jensen’s September “Back to School Special” (Click on the “MONTHLY SPECIAL” button):
- Get 15 percent off whole house carpet cleaning
- Get 10 percent off cleaning just the main living spaces
- Plus, get 33 percent off Carpet Protection!**
*Some restrictions may apply. Minimum charge always applies. Not valid with other offers. **Must be in combination with carpet cleaning.
Bet you didn’t know…
- The Queen of England owns all the swans, dolphins, and whales in the UK and its surrounding waters.
- In Perthshire, Scotland there’s a village called Dull and it consists of one street of houses and a church. Its sister cities areBoring, Oregon in the USA and Bland in NSW, Australia. Together they are the three members of The League of Extraordinary Communities.
- Before soap, urine, mixed with water, was used as a detergent for clothing. The ammonia in the urine made even the worst stains go out of the clothes.
- You can’t hold your nose and hum… (go ahead and try it). It didn’t work did it? That’s because humming requires you to breathe out which you can’t do if your nose and mouth are both shut.
- A fish with legs! The pink frogmouth lives VERY deep down on the ocean floor and because it spends most of its time looking for food in the sand, its fins have evolved into little stumpy legs it can walk around on.