In April, Jensens Healthy Home News has a little April Fool’s Day humor, wisdom from Ben Franklin, tips for getting a good night’s sleep, Joel’s carpet tip (removing a chocolate stain on white carpet), and some information on controlling your allergies with carpet cleaning. Every month there’s a new Mega Trivia Question, which is available in the complete newsletter. This month’s prize to the first six people who answer the Mega Trivia Question correctly is a $15 gift certificate to Hilly Haven Golf Course & Restaurant. Click Jensen’s Healthy Home News to download the complete newsletter. Here are some newsletter highlights:
April Fool’s Day humor
Here are a few April Fool’s groaners. You can find more in the complete newsletter…
What monster plays the most April Fools’ jokes? Prankenstein!
Excuse me, sir. Do you think they named April Fool’s Day in your honor?
A and C were going to prank their friend…But they just letter B.
Babies born March 31st are the easiest to prank on April Fool’s…They were literally born yesterday!
Wisdom from Ben Franklin
When Benjamin Franklin was 20 years old, he wrote up a 13-point “plan” for how he would live his life. He found that following the plan increased his happiness so much that he kept it up for the rest of his life. He committed to giving strict attention to one virtue each week. After 13 weeks he would start the process over again in one year he would complete the course a total of four times. His list was as follows:
1. Temperance: Eat not to dullness and drink not to elevation.
2. Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling conversation.
3. Order: Let all your things have their places. Let each part of your business have its time.
4. Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform with out fail what you resolve.
5. Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself: i.e. Waste nothing.
6. Industry: Lose no time. Be always employed in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary actions.
7. Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit. Think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
8. Justice: Wrong none, by doing injuries or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
9. Moderation: Avoid extremes. Forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
10. Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanness in body, clothes or habitation.
11. Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring; never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another’s peace or reputation.
12. Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
13. Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates
Maybe you can’t cure your allergies but you can control them. Start here…
If you suffer from seasonal allergies, then you know the feeling of wanting relief when there is little hope in sight. Many people have gotten relief by taking steps to control their indoor environment.
According to The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America website one in four Americans suffer from allergies or asthma. That’s tens of millions of Americans suffering this Spring! Plus, we spend 90 percent of our time indoors, and since our indoor air can be up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor air it stands to reason…
Relief starts at home.
Here is a quote from www.allergyrelief101.com: “Many people think that carpets and allergies are a bad combination. Even some allergists will encourage their patients to remove carpeting in favor of hardwood or tile floors. However, carpets can actually help to reduce the allergens in your home by trapping them, as long as they are properly cleaned on a regular schedule.”
Did you know…
Your carpet traps indoor allergens like dust mites, mold, mildew, fungus, pollens, pet dander and other pollutants and allergens. When that trap gets full, a professional steam cleaning will remove those allergens from your carpet and your home and you will have relief from allergy symptoms related to those substances.
We’ve heard it time and again from clients – carpet cleaning does relieve some allergy symptoms. So until there is a “cure” there is prevention. Prevent your indoor air from becoming polluted – clean your carpets today.
If you know anyone that suffers from seasonal allergies please let us know and we will give them a FREE room of carpet cleaning in your name! (Up to 200 sq. ft. of carpet. New clients only.) P.S. We will send you a $10 Gift Certificate for your referral. So thanks in advance!!